Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 39

2:30 class with Libby

The main challenge with 2:30 classes is having the energy for it.  I actually got a decent night's sleep last night.  As a result, I woke up too late to have a real breakfast before yoga -- a real breakfast would likely reappear on the mat sometime in the spine strengthening series.  So I had some watermelon, and then made sure I was hydrated, and hoped for the best.

It turned out that the best was what I got.  After a bad transition from backbending to the forward bend in the first set of Half Moon, the rest of the class was very strong and satisfying.  I wouldn't say I had any breakthroughs, but I felt really good throughout.

And after class, I felt much better than I have in several days.  My knee doesn't feel tender anymore, at least for today.  There's no real soreness in back or shoulders.  And my right heel feels fine.  And of course, I've had lots of energy again.  In the past, I've had troubles with the 2:30 time, but today it worked out just about perfectly, and for now at least I'm looking forward to the next three weeks will bring.


No comments: