Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 26 -- Lock the #$%@$% Knee

8:30 am class with Lenette.

Doing the advanced series, I overstretched my left knee again.  It's really stiff again, about at the same level as last week.  So today, I was basically back to square one in fixed firm.  As usual, the knee felt better after class, and has been better for most of the day.  My guess is that it will just continue to improve.  But I've got to be more careful of it.

After class, Lenette said that it might be the start of a mild tendonitis.  She also said that can happen sometimes when a person engages the quad and lifts the kneecap while also bending the knee.  That is definitely the side that I err on in the balancing series, because I've been very cautious about hyperextension.  The solution, of course, is just to lock the knee properly.  So that's my next big focus.

Here's a Bikram quote I recently read from one of the teacher training blogs:  "You want to know the secret to success in life?  Lock the $%^^%$# knee."

Otherwise, class was really good, even after only 5 hours of sleep.  For some reason, I just don't seem to need as much sleep now.  I'm not getting tired later, and I'm totally energized after class.  I'm not worried about it, but I'm assuming that for some reason I just don't need to sleep as long.  I don't know if that is a benefit or not.

No comments: