Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 24

9:30 am class with Amy.

Class felt routine today.  The room was very crowded, but not too hot, considering how many people were there.  I felt strong throughout, with some trepidation in the usual spots -- exhausted by Triangle, not very strong in Locust, not flexible in first set of Fixed Firm.  But my focus and concentration were fine.

Amy gave some tips after class about how to set up for triangle.  It turns out I've been doing it wrong from the start.  I've tried to keep my hips parallel to the front mirror in the setup, and it turns out it is fine to roll them forward.  I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if it will make it harder or easier.  I'm looking forward to it tomorrow.

And tomorrow there will be an advanced class.  The Bikram advanced series is 84 postures done in 90 minutes.  I've never seen it before.  But Amy said that she thought I was strong enough in my practice to give it a try.  So, I'm planning to do it tomorrow, and then follow it with the regular Sunday class, if I have the energy left.  So, a big yoga day coming up, and nothing routine about it.  I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: