Sunday, October 5, 2008

103/109

2:30 pm with Libby

For the first time in a while, I struggled through some of the class.  I felt like sitting out of the second set of Triangle, and Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee.  I didn't, but it was not easy staying in.  And I caught myself doing more automatic fidgeting than I have recently -- I dropped my arms between sides in Triangle.  I actually lost my balance in the second half of the first set in Triangle, and lost balance again coming up from Separate Leg Head to Knee.

I don't know if it was extra hot today, if it was the poor circulation in the spot I was in, or if it was lack of energy from not eating anything before class.  The 2:30 classes have been harder in the past, but I thought I was over that.

The floor series went much better.  It seemed cooler on the floor.  I did reasonably well in the back strengthening series, and did a decent Camel.

The left knee was not better today.  Fixed Firm was probably a little worse than it has been.  And the Japanese Sitting positions were off, because the right hip goes down so much further than the left.  It didn't feel much better after class either.  I'm going to play it by ear for tomorrow.  If it feels at all worse, I'm probably going to skip class for the day and see what that does.

No comments: