Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 60 - Official Challenge Done

2pm with Miranda

Class was good today.  If anything, it was something of a letdown.  I don't know if I was expecting something magical to happen on day 60 or not.  But I shouldn't.  The magic happens over time.

I took care of my hip, and it felt better after class.  I think it's slowly going to get better, and I don't see any reason to stop, so long as I stay extremely mindful of my forward bends.  One of the teachers was telling another student how sometimes you feel like you are going backward in your practice, when what is really happening is that your form is improving.  You can almost always go deeper with bad form, but its dangerous and not as good for you.  So, its often a mistake to think that there's been regression.

My usual spot for Sunday's was taken, so I decided to go to the very hot side of the room.  As a pleasant surprise, the heat just isn't much of an issue for me.  There were times when I would have liked a breeze.  But basically it was fine to be hot and still.  And if I really focus on maintaining my breath, then the heat just doesn't matter.  The main time when the heat becomes an issue is when I otherwise get out of control.

I'll be very interested to see what a few days off are like.  But already, my guess is that I'm going to miss going to class.  This yoga is very addicting.  I always feel better after class -- always.   And it's been so long since I haven't gone, that its going to feel pretty weird taking some time off.

I will post some more detail on my thoughts on the challenge as a whole in the next couple of days.  Right now I'm just a bit stunned that its over.

No comments: