Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 57 - Another Strong Class

8:15 pm with Libby

The room actually seemed to get cooler as the class went on.  This is probably an illusion, but it's really nice to feel stronger as the class goes on.  I felt good all day long, and even better in class.  I still needed to pamper my knee some, and sit-ups are really bad now because of the tension in my hip.  Otherwise, it's all good.  

If I had to single out one pose that was especially good today, I would probably go with Savasana.  I actually had a few of them today where I didn't register a single thought.  I just laid down and relaxed, and then it was over.  Usually, getting into that kind of zone doesn't happen for me.  My mind races and races, or I force myself to repeat some kind of mantra.  For some reason, today I could sometimes just let go.  And I think that's one of the main reasons the rest of the class felt so good.  Now, if I could only figure out the secret for repeating that feeling.  

Another good point was that I was away from my usual spot for the third class in a row.  If I keep it up much longer, maybe I won't have a usual spot pretty soon.  It would probably be better that way, but I do like having some airflow over me: anything to enhance the evaporation a little.  After my five day break, I think I will start to experiment with different spots in the room -- maybe try a new spot every day.  It would be nice to be able to get the same strong feeling I've had the last couple of days, but in the back of the room where the air is hot, still, and dank.

No comments: