Wednesday, November 5, 2008

127/141

10:30 am with Lenette

I always enjoy Lenette's class.  Besides the fact that she was my first teacher, that she gave me the advice that cured my sciatica and then my knee, her classes always have a really nice balance of information, humor and motivation.  Today was no different, and it made for a very enjoyable class.

Balancing series was pretty good today.  I made it through 2 of the 4 parts in both Standing Head to Knee and Standing Bow.  The locking of my knee seems to be getting better and better.  I had a really good stretch going in Standing Bow, which I can really feel on the back of my standing leg.  And it just feels so good to actually be able to hold that pose.  

Balancing Stick was not quite so good.  I was hopping around a bit in the first set, which I almost never do.  I generally either get into the pose or fall out, but not hop.  On the plus side, I'm doing better at keeping my arms locked, and I can really feel it in my shoulders.

Lenette said I'm making real progress in Fixed Firm.  She said my foot alignment is much better than it used to be, and that as a result my ankles and tops of my feet are almost flat on the ground now.  It was really good to know that I'm on the right track here.

My knee has regressed slightly from jumping around with the dogs.  It's not a big deal, but a couple of days ago I felt absolutely great, and now I need to pay some attention to what I'm doing with it.  It's still way better than it was just two weeks ago, and a few more days of practice should work wonders.

No comments: