Monday, June 29, 2009

Help an Aspiring Yoga Teacher

Crisitunity, a fellow yogi/blogger, just learned that she will be let go from her paralegal job. She's trying to convert the bad news into a blessing. For a fairly long while, she has been trying to save for teacher training, and she has been very reluctant to ask for any assistance. The recent turn of events has made her take a bold step. She is now selling some short stories she wrote, with the goal of financing her training. And she is also accepting donations.

She writes very well, and her few entries on particular asanas have been enlightening. I have no doubt that, if she gets this opportunity to go to training, she will become a very fine teacher. I also have no doubt (as a lawyer) that the world will be better off with another yoga teacher, even if it loses a paralegal in the process. Giving a little bit to help her achieve this small dream will help change a person's life for the better, and in a small way, will make the world a better place.

I hope I've piqued your interest. If so, you can learn more here. Do something nice today. Help out a stranger. Even the smallest amounts will make a difference.

(Also, she has some privacy concerns, which means she doesn't want her real name simply published. You can get the link to her site by responding on her blog. Or you can get it from me, if you want, by sending me an email, or requesting in a comment with your email address. My address is in my profile.)

1 comment: