Thursday, May 28, 2009

102/148 - Wow

Thursday off.

I couldn't get to class today, and I'm not feeling good about it.  It's the first time I've skipped two days in a row probably since Christmas break.  I feel like a slacker.

And this post will probably feel like slacking to some of you, but I am blown away by the day 147 meditation and don't think I can do better than simply to quote it:

Bring your all to your practice.  Do not use it as a means to control your weight, or your appearance, or the effects of aging, or anything else.  Let your practice be a means to discover your fullness.  Be vulnerable, be sad, be happy, be mad, but be there.  Just let it happen.  Life is about giving, and through giving we receive everything that we need.  Let your practice be about giving -- give of your heart, give of your spirit, give of your virtue.  As Gandhi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

1 comment:

bikramyogachick said...

wow is right. beautiful!